Textile design work by Emma Warren Contact me emmawarrendesign@hotmail.co.uk http://emmawarrendesign.carbonmade.com/

Monday 29 October 2012

Leather and Lace

This week I have set myself the task of working with leather and lace. Throughout my work I like to use a contrast in materials, mixing the hard and soft which makes for some very innovative designs. I've always loved working with lace, de constructing and reconstructing, embroidered cut work, crochet and knit.

"lace gives the appearance of purity but it also seduces and tantalises" Roberto cavalli

I also love working with leather, cutting and piecing it together together to make the material pliable and easy to manipulate

Whilst working on a freelance project i experimented with cut leather below are the results.


Below is some photos of one of the neck pieces which is finished :) any feedback would be Loveeely 




No comments:

Post a Comment